Professional Android Application Development (Collaborative) ( Batch No : 4 )
This course is organised by Pencilbox Training (Training wing of bitBirds Solutions) & BITM. Get the best possible outcome by learning the most updated libraries and APIs. The tools included in the outline are necessary to build exquisite Android application on demand. This course is mostly focused on hands on topics, covering as much area as possible to build a strong concept to guide oneself for upcoming technologies and APIs regarding this framework.
Prerequisite: Basic programming concept with any Object-Oriented Programming language (C++ or Java)
Early Bird Registration Going on Valid Until 8th August Taka @15,000
1. Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept in JAVA
- Learn how to create Class and its Object
- Learn how class properties are initialized with parameterized Constructor
- Learn why should we overload Constructors
- Learn Collections in Java, why they are more useful than Arrays
- Learn Inheritance, why do we need Inheritance, relationship between a Super Class and a Child Class
- Learn Method Overriding – Simplify your code with Run Time Polymorphism
- Learn design principles – Abstract Classes and Methods, Singleton Class with factory method, the magic of ‘static’ and ‘final’
- Learn Interface and its implementations, the most powerful channel to connect unrelated components
2. Introduction to Android
- Android SDK and Platform specification, various SDK versions
- Android Studio – the most powerful and smartest IDE
- Learn how Android projects are structured
- Learn how Design and Logic parts are separated to build a scalable and extendable project
- Manifest and other Resource files
- Learn how Android projects are built with a powerful build tool – Gradle
3. User Interface and Navigation
- Learn how to design your app screens with Layouts and Widgets
- Learn how to handle Events like Click and Touch
- Learn how to design effective navigation
- Learn how to create swipe views with Tab, like the Phone app in your smart phone.
- Learn how to create Menu, Pop up Dialogs and custom Dialogs.
- Learn how to create Searching Interface, search anything with suggestions.
- Learn how to create Notifications, send direct reply through Notification like any messaging application
- Learn different states of an Activity, how activities are affected during its lifecycle.
- Learn how to hold states / data within the activity, handle situations like configuration changes (Portrait to Landscape and vice versa).
- Learn how to pass data from one activity to another.
- Learn how to interact with other applications.
- Learn how to create an App which can Call/Dial a number, send an SMS or view a website by using pre-built applications.
- Learn how to launch Camera from your app, take picture, scale down and display.
5. Background Job
- Learn how to create worker thread to do heavy / long running tasks.
- Learn how to download an image, show progress in a ProgressBar using AsyncTask API.
- Learn how to GET and POST data from remote server using Web APIs, learn how Retrofit can optimize your network operation by doing tasks asynchronously.
- Learn how to play Music in background using Service. Learn why Intent Service is more efficient for tasks which you want to be done for once.
- Learn how to start a task after your phone has completed its Boot Operation.
- Learn how to check if your phone is connected to a network. You may also be interested in getting the incoming number, battery status of your phone.
- Learn how to pass data to different applications.
- Learn how to save data inside your app database, query any data, update and delete information from database.
- Learn how to save your login session (you don’t have to login every time you launch your app).
- Learn how to create and manage Firebase Cloud Real Time Database.
- Learn how to register / login using Firebase Authentication. Learn how to sign in with Google.
- Learn how to put any file on Firebase Cloud Storage.
7. Google Play Services
- Learn how to load a Map, see your current location on Map, add Markers to Map.
- Learn how to search nearby locations like restaurants, cafes etc and show them to Map. Learn how to filter your search.
- Learn how to calculate distance between two locations.
- Learn how to show direction on Map between two locations. You can also get alternative routes, travel time for driving, walking, bicycling etc.
- Learn how to convert Latitude/Longitude to street address and vice versa using Geocoding and reverse Geocoding API.
- Learn how to get notified automatically when you check in a certain place.
8. Test Application
You will be shown a step by step process of creating a simple Weather Application which shows current weather data as well as forecast data (7 days forecast) based on your current location or any other location of your interest.
- Starting Tentative Date:2018-01-19
- Last Application Date : 2018-01-18
- Price: BDT 14000
- Total Class No: 17
- Training Schedule Info:
Fri - 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Sat - 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Syed Tanvir Ahmad (Trainer)